Monday 17 January 2011

Rea completes ‘unbelievable’ MotoGP test



Rea was given the chance to test the RC212V as a reward for his efforts with the manufacturer in the World Superbike Championship, the Ulsterman joining Honda test rider Kousuke Akiyoshi in Malaysia.

Though the test was originally scheduled for three days, heavy rain on the third of those days would see Rea get another three hours on the bike the next morning.

Though no lap times were released by HRC, Rea – who is still recovering from a wrist injury - was thrilled to have gotten the opportunity to sample a MotoGPmachine.

"Riding the RC212V has been an unbelievable experience for me! A four days test is a dream that became true and I am really happy that HRC invited me here in Sepang. Yesterday the rain didn't allow us to be on track that much and we stayed one more day. I started feeling as though the bike is "my bike" and I had some good feeling riding it. 

“I hope I have been able to give to the engineers some useful comments, even if my physical conditions were not the best because my wrist is still not 100 per cent.

“Now I will have some rest for the end of the year, and then I will be focused on my job of 2011, the World Superbike Championship. Thanks again to everybody in Honda for the great experience!”

No comments:

Post a Comment