Thursday 19 August 2010

Pedrosa won't give up, but it'll be tough



Lorenzo leads the standings by 72 points after his victory at Laguna Seca, with Pedrosa currently second behind his fellow Spaniard.

“This season my performance has been up and down,” Pedrosa said during a visit to the Indonesian capital Jakarta, “which is not the best way to win the title. 

“Lorenzo performs consistently and has a great bike. There are nine races left but it is difficult. However my team and I never give up and we will keep going to try and get closer.” 

Pedrosa admits he has been left with mixed feeling after failing to score at Lagune Seca. The Honda rider led the race before falling from the lead – which has reduced his chance of beating Lorenzo to the crown.

“This year I started racing with lower performances,” he said. “After that I could compete but it is still hard to be on top. I tried to push Lorenzo but after the incident at Laguna Seca, it has become harder. 

“I had great racing in Germany. I could beat Lorenzo but he and Yamaha are still strong. Not that I lost my motivation in United States - I have motivation the all time.”

Pedrosa revealed that he is keen to remain with Honda for next season whenCasey Stoner moves over to join the team from Ducati and Gemma Roders, marketing manager of Honda Racing, said Pedrosa's future will probably be decided in August. 

“It's too early to talk about negotiations,” she said. “We have not talked about that, probably in August. We are confident Pedrosa will stay because we want him and he wants us.”

.voteArea

No comments:

Post a Comment